To add a email account to an Apple iPad or iPhone you will need to access the Settings App.
Once you are in the settings app you will then click the Mail Contacts and Calendars option from the tool bar on the left pane in the settings app.
From the mail settings screen select Add Mail Account or Add Account
From the list of account types select Other:
Next, fill out the New Account Info Window
(1) Name: This is the name that will appear in the sent email to the recipient
(2) Address: This should be your full email address
(3) Password: This is your email account password
(4) Description: This is how the email account will show in the mail app if you have multiple accounts set up
The next screen contains the Account Type, Incoming Server Settings and Outgoing Server Settings:
(1) Account Type: The account type must be set to POP. We do not offer support for IMAP Accounts.
(2) Incoming Server Settings:
- Host name: The host name for the incoming server is pop.Your Domain.TLD. This means that if your website is www.Levelfieldhelp.com your incoming mail server would be pop.levelfieldhelp.com. (Please do not enter pop.Your Domain.TLD as this is for demonstrative purposes only)
- Username: This is your full email address
- Password: This is your email account password
(3) Outgoing Server Settings
- Host name: The host name will be SMTP.Your Domain.TLD This means that if your website is www.Levelfieldhelp.com your outgoing mail server would be smtp.levelfieldhelp.com. (Please do not enter smtp.Your Domain.TLD as this is for demonstrative purposes only)
- Username: This will be your full email address. IT IS NOT OPTIONAL
- Password: This is your email account password. IT IS NOT OPTIONAL
When you click the save button the Mail App will attempt to connect to the server. You will then get the following popup:
You MUST click yes to this error to complete the set up